Tuesday, July 26, 2011

This is a response to Wexford Domino campaign from Caoimhghín Ó Caoláin TD

Isla a chara,

Thank you for your e.mail. This is to confirm my support for the retention of the Domino midwife service at Wexford General Hospital. I am aware of the good work of Domino services at various sites and I am a strong supporter of an enhanced role for midwifery. My Parliamentary Assistant Mícheál Mac Donncha recently accompanied a delegation from the Community Midwives Association to meet senior Department of Health & Children officials regarding the Nurses & Midwives Bill, addressing the pressing need to amend the Bill to ensure that midwives are not discriminated against and that their services are available to all women who wish to avail of them. The Department officials actually commended Domino services at the meeting. I am writing to the Minister for Health James Reilly TD on this matter and I will copy his response to you when I receive it.

Is mise

Caoimhghín Ó Caoláin TD
Sinn Féin Spokesperson on Health & Children.

Wexford Sinn Féin Cllr Anthony Kelly has already pledged his support to the retention of this vital service.

No comments:

Post a Comment